Course offered 2017....
The Birth of Wearable Computing: 41 years of Augmented Reality.
Steve Mann, age 12, Sequential Wave Imprinting Machine in 1974;
Stephanie Mann, Age 9, Robot for visualizing ElectroMagnetic Wave Propagation;
Jayse Hansen, Hollywood's #1 UI designer (now a Meta employee) with Meta Glass;
(visualizing vision and sensing sensors and their capacity to sense).
ECE516 (ECE516H1S) at University of Toronto (link)
- CVPR 2016 Workshop on "Moving Cameras Meet Video Surveillance: from Body Cameras to Drones"; see also workshop website.
- Instructable: Build an AR device for less than $10 and see invisible radio waves:
- A.I. is a half-truth without H.I.!
POVAR and other examples of the Internet of Truth and Integrity for Consumer Electronics: See the invisible waves that see you!
Wednesday, December 2, 2015;
6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.;
Location: Room WI1017, Wilson Hall, New College;
40 Willcocks St, Toronto, ON M5S.
- Capturing the Future
Wearable Cameras, Lifelogging, Sousveillance, Bionic Eye Implants, Drones, 360-degree cameras & 3D scanning
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
6:30 PM to 10:00 PM
MaRS Discovery District
101 College St, , Toronto, ON (map)
"As far back as our cave dwelling days we have been compelled to document and tell the stories of our lives. We have come a long way since chiseling pictures on rocks with nearly 2 billion of us walking around with cameras in our pockets but new technologies such as wearables and drones are taking us even further...."
- Call for Papers on Veillance and Transparency: A Critical Examination of Mutual Watching in the Post-Snowden, Big Data Era...
"Clearly the best business school on the planet!
"Where Brilliant Minds Meet The Pavement"
Joseph Melanson 2015mar04
Workshop at Stanford University: Wearable Computing with 3D Augmediated Reality, Digital Eye Glass, Egography (Egocentric/First-Person Photographic/Videographic Gesture Sensing), and Veillance
FITC WEARABLES EVENT:
Keynote Address at the FITC (Future, Innovation, Technology, Crativity) Wearables, 2014 November 13th at 10:10am, GLENN GOULD STUDIO, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- The IEEE Spectrum article on Wearable Computing is out now.
- IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society
- We presented at: Siggraph 2012 Emerging Technology.
- ORGANic Evolution
- H2Orchestra playing for
National Capital Commission at Winterlude.
- H2Orchestra's playing at
Harbourfront as part of
on June 14th
- Janzen's Suite for Hydraulophone
has also been accepted for
performance in the prestigious
New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME 2007) conference in New York.
- Janzen also performed an
Music concert at ICMC 2007 in Copenhagen,
on an absement-responsive
- A new hydraulophone installation has opened at the Ontario Science Centre
- Join the Glogger Community: Continous
Capture from Wearable Camera Phones. Also a photosharing/glogging site.
Register for free and join the fun.
- A new paper entitled "Exploring
Equiveillance", that looks at where
cyborglogging technologies such as EyeTap are leading us,
has recently been published on
- Our fluid dynamics research is featured on
Hacked Gadgets Forum.
- Congratulations to Steve for the
2004 Leonardo Award of Excellence from MIT Press for his
on "Existential Technology".
- Congratulations to Anurag and Steve for the the winning
entry of International CORAM
Sustainable Design Competition 2004! The ePI Lab's winning dECOn
Shower entry was recognized for its outstanding design and engineering
work at the awards ceremony in the Netherlands.